02 May, 2010

May Day 2010



I had wanted to post something about Glorification of Murderous Ideologies Day (aka, May Day), but sadly it didn't work out. Too much to do at home, and frankly my writing muses have been for crap lately. So instead, I will mark the occasion by referencing some other discussions elsewhere, each of them being far better essays than anything I could ever have produced.

Victims of Communism Day, by Ilya Somin at The Volokh Conspiracy
May Day: The Conspiracy of Silence Around the Romance of Evil, by "flowidealism" at Let A Thousand Nations Bloom
What If Lenin's Stroke Came Five Years Sooner?, by Bryan Caplan at Library of Economics and Liberty

Hat Tip: The Distributed Republic

And here is a link to my earlier post about artist Nikolai Getman, which according to SiteMonitor appears to be the single most viewed post of this blog:

Nikolai Getman and the Soviet Gulag, at The Fortress of If

No comments: